Cashew Cookie Jam Sandwiches with Penny Candy Jam
Growing up, I loved eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches. I mean the combination is just perfect! Now I generally try to avoid eating jam only because they’re full of sugar. So when I heard about Penny Candy Jam and the fact that they’re all about ‘more fruit than sugar’, I was excited to give it a try. Each jar is made using fresh fruit with some organic cane sugar. They also offer unique flavours like Blueberry Lavender Mint, Raspberry Bay Lime, Mango Soursop and Pineapple Jackfruit.
Right when I tried the jam, I knew I wanted to create a spin on the classic PB&J sandwich. I could hardly stop myself from eating the jam by the spoonful. These Cashew Cookie Jam Sandwiches are insanely delicious. Not to mention, they are so easy to make. I made half with the Blueberry Lavender Mint, and half Mango Soursop, but sub in your favourite flavour. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Tbs. Cashew Butter
- 1-2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs. Coconut Butter
- 1 Cup combination of raw almonds, cashews and pecans
- 4-6 Medjool Dates
- Your favourite flavour of Penny Candy Jam
- In a food processor combine oats, cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut butter, nut mixture and medjool dates.
- Blend until fully combined and forms a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Flatten the dough balls using the bottom of a mason jar or cup. (You might need to grease the surface with a bit of coconut oil)
- Add a small spoonful of jam to only half the batch of cookies.
- Sandwich together with the non-jam cookies.
- Place cookies in the fridge for about an hour and enjoy!
We at Well TO Do love Penny Candy Jam. Grab a jar at one of their market locations, found here!