We are so pleased to introduce Alyssa Geffen of The Running Kitchen as our newest contributor! She will be sharing recipes, including this awesome one for feta egg cups, class reviews and otherwise helping us cover all of the amazing stuff that is going on in our very own Toronto! Welcome to the team!!
I absolutely love eating quiche and frittatas. Problem is, they’re not always the healthiest. That’s why these easy and delicious Feta Egg Cups are one of my go-to recipes to make. Don’t have some of the ingredients? Not to worry. The beauty of this recipe is that you can substitute and add whatever you’d like. These are also perfect to keep in your fridge for a few days, and I love eating them with a large salad for lunch. No matter what ingredients you add to them, they always look and taste amazing.
- 6 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp of your choice of milk (I prefer to use almond milk)
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Kale, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Red/green pepper, chopped
- Red pepper chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl
- Season with salt, pepper, basil, chili flakes and a drop of almond milk (optional)
- Whisk together
- Add 6 parchment paper muffin tin liners into a muffin tin (I’ve found these are the best to reduce clean up since the egg cups don’t stick to the pan)
- Pour half the egg mixture into each parchment cup
- Add veggies and feta into each cup
- Pour the rest of the egg mixture into each cup
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they turn lightly golden brown
- Let cook for 5 minutes and enjoy!
For for on Alyssa Geffen and The Running Kitchen, click here.